• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Is this exam worth.

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Does any find this exam worth doing ?

Cheers

Paul

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Perhaps a better question: While studying for the EJB Certification can certainly improve your knowledge of EJB, and how well you write code, can anyone say that it got them a job, or that they kept their job, or got a raise or promotion because this certification was on their resume or added to their personnel folder?

In a theoretical way, one can certainly answer "yes" to the above question. But are there actual testimonials?

"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is."
-- attribution unknown

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Studying the material at the exam knowledge level lets you at least learn in great detail what the underlying services available to you are (such as security, networking, transactions, etc.,) and what you have to do to enteract with the EJB containiner to use those services. This then allows you to better focus on your business logic. I found the study well worth it.

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
like others say, the exam helps u learn a lot of details.
But the real question you should be asking yourself is why you need to do the exam.
if its for academic purpose maybe not. but will definetly help u if it's for work( great if you have been working with ejbs already).

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Honestly, working experience is usually differs from the actual knowledge you have. One can work with Java for several years but he might not know some important issues in Java.

Study with a certain certificate does provide you an opportunity to know that area more. For me, before studying SCBCD, I just know how can I create, execute and deploy EJBs via WSAD (now it has been renamed to RAD), but I don't know how it works. After studying with SCBCD, I understand WSAD will generate the home/local/remote interfaces for beans to create and interact with different client views, how transaction type/security to be specified, etc.

Thus, in this aspect, I would say certificate is a good mean for you to "learn" the topics.

Nick

Ruth Stout was famous for gardening naked. Just like this tiny ad:
a bit of art, as a gift, that will fit in a stocking
https://gardener-gift.com
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic