• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Its really hard to Keep Motivation Up???

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi
All
I had 2 yrs of Java/J2Ee experience and will be on bantch since 3 yrs b'se of my some personal reason.Now i want to back into Java World.As icleared SCwcd 6 month back now want to plan for scbcd.But its really hard to keep motivation Up.Please help me .............

Thanx

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hey Sanneel,

Posting here itself is a great start !

Keep reading other people posts here, reply them as and when you get time. Post your problems here without thinking twice. Head First EJB is a greatest book to go.... Once you complete the book regligiously.. proceed with mock exams on net, and then give final mock exam of the HF-EJB book and you are good to go for real exam... believe me you could achieve 98-100% score!!! It's as easy as you read it.

Dont ever relate two things: Study and Profession, even though these are related. Give your best whatever you do, be it study or job, and of course rancher friends are always with you. You know.. there is a forum in saloon home page for jobs-discussion as well!

Man.. nobody can really motivate you but you to yourself. There is a saying.. Well begun is half done! Just stop thinking too much, and start study aggresively and passionately and you would love it.

ALL THE BEST TO YOU.

sanneel paul
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hey
Anand

Im really thankful to you for your support.I went thru chapeter 11,and now i have to go thru it again and remeber the stuff.Hope to finish soon.

sanneel

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi Anand!!

"Dont ever relate two things: Study and Profession, even though these are related. Give your best whatever you do, be it study or job"

I really liked the above two lines of yours. Today after clearing SCWCD with good score, I had mixed it with my job. Actually I'd joined a new company recently and I'm on bench since 2 months. I utilized it for SCWCD. But now when I've completed it, I feel frustated that the company still has not alloted me any project. Normally I don't mind it too much, but when I see the lower qualified candidates get project ahead of me, sometimes I tend to get dejected.

It's only due to Java Ranch that I've still kept my motivation up!!! Same I wish for you , sanneel. Keep attaining knowledge and no one can deny you the opportunity.

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi ,
You guys are discussing the right words for life. I agree with Anand that study and profession are totally different things, atleast for me.
Even I have passed scwcd on saturday and willing to write scbcd. These certifications are not really going to help my profession any more.
I have got more than 5 years of experience in a good company and I work hard towards my Jobs. I dont see any threat to my job.
Also, I dont see any advantage for my job because of my certifications. Even my employer doesnt know about this at all.
But, writing certifications giving me the scope to study something in my leissure time, discussing something with my co-ranchers.
It gives lot of satisfaction to me. I write certifications for my self, not for job.
Amit, as you said in software it happens sometimes that lower qualified candidates gets work/job more than qualified. But you never give up.
Be patient. Wait for right opportunity. Utilize this free time for writing scbcd. we all can discuss and prepare well for scbcd. future will be yours.
Do not think about 2 moths or 4 months time. Think about your life time. You will be surely on top some day.
All the best.

AmitKumar Jain
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Thanks Rizwan!!

Thanks for sharing your experience. Even I was thinking on the same lines yesterday. After SCWCD, I didn't want to jump straight away into SCBCD, I want to have a balance in certification and other topics like Struts etc. which are needed while working.
But'll keep visiting SCBCD forum.

Amit

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I agree with Rizwan.

But, writing certifications giving me the scope to study something in my leissure time, discussing something with my co-ranchers.
It gives lot of satisfaction to me. I write certifications for my self, not for job.

When I cleared the SCWCD and prepared for SCBCD, I suddenly understood the behavior of Don Quijote De La Mancha. When the old knight whith his old horse was fighting whith the big windmill, he was not mad, he was crazy.

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Originally posted by sanneel paul:
want to plan for scbcd.But its really hard to keep motivation Up.Please help me .............

hi sanneel..
i had this experience when i took my scjp 3 months ago.
some ways i did to increase my motivation:
1.did action to buy voucher to make sure that i would take the exam some day and it gave me some 'pressure' to study seriously & continuously.
2.went to Sun Certification Result forum almost every day. reading other people succeed or strategy often gave additional spirit/energy to 'conquer' the certification like them as soon as possible...and not to give up easily.
3.compete with other friends which already took/will take the same exam. trying to get higher grade or to break their record sometimes can give additional challenge

hope this can inspire you...

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic