• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

which exam to give

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hello ranachers
I have completed SCJP1.4 and SCWCD1.4. Now I want to know which exam i should I take SCBCD or web services exam. Is web services exam objective type?I have heard that web services is the new buzz word so it is better to do that as SCBCD importance is going down. Please guide

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Java implementation of web services is built on top of either servlet or ejb. You can use either one, to implement your web service.

In web services, you will find it easy to understand the servlet implementation/relationship part, as you have scwcd. But the exam also includes the ejb implementation. So it can help if you also know ejb.

But you dont need to have scbcd level of knowledge to understand web services ejb implementation. I think if you know the session beans and how the ejb container manages it, you can also take scdjws.

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I would take the Web Services exam if I were you. The reason is that I keep hearing that the SCBCD exam will be updated for JEE5, EJB 3.0, but that the SCWCD and SCDJWS won't be updated for JEE5 (Charles Lyon says this).

Recently I had heard that the SCBCD won't be updated for a while, nevertheless it is an J2EE 1.3 exam and the SCDJWS is a J2EE 1.4 exam.

And it is common to use Spring or Hibernate instead of EJB 2.0.

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic