• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Whizlab

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
I have always wondered how you can create a simulation of a certification test, to accurately cover the material, and yet not cover the exact exam questions. Does Sun give you a list of questions that you may and may not ask? Are the simulations written under guidance from Sun? Does sun review the accuracy of the simulations?

Thanks!

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I would say writing a simulator is an art. Just kidding

Sun(or any vendor) does not give us the list of questions to ask or avoid. The only material we get is the exam objectives which is publicly available. Based on our experience with the exam and the industry, we try to create questions that tests the objectives very well. At last, the real exam *seems* to be much easier for you as our software would have prepared you well. Also Sun does not review the product. But almost everytime our satisfied customers vouch for our products

Michael Sullivan
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
well, if your preparing people at a higher level than the Sun exam, I'd have to agree that is an art!

Thanks for the feedback!

Michael Sullivan
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
actually, I do have a followup question: How do you gague how deeply to 'test' on a particular topic, especially if Sun doesn't give any guidance. How do you know how much time/effort to spend on a particular topic, and how deeply to explore the subject matter without getting excessive?

Thanks!

Michael Sullivan
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I'm going to bump this one back up, in hopes that the author will spend a little more time explaining how Whizlabs creates simulations of the correct knowlege scope and depth.

Sivasundaram Umapathy
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hey buddy.

I think I missed your post in the myriad of technical questions raised.May be I could explain you the process involved so that you can have a better picture about our products. The whole Process can be divided into 8 steps:

1.Design Phase: Whizlabs undertakes research with authors/certified professionals /industry experts/authors and comes up with the number of questions to be allocated for each objective along with hardness level for each question.

2.Team of at least two Certified Authors, certified on latest pattern
make questions according to the above pattern.

3.Questions are reviewed from 2 reviewers. They also check whether all objectives are covered on parameters defined in point 1.

4.Questions are reviewed for Language correctness so that we do not introduce any ambiguity.

5.QA professionals take up testing for possible errors using different tools.

6.Beta Testers: Beta testers/end users are enrolled for feedback/exam objectives and their performances are measured before and after using the software.

7.Technical team at Whizlabs along with authors review the feedback given by beta users and do necessary modifications.

8.Product is released (Interim Version) for use by test users and their feedback is constanly taken to update the product further.Simultaneously the product is reviewed from an Industry Expert like Marcus, Valentin and their feedback is taken and suggestions for improvement of the tool are undertaken.

Please feel free to ask if you need more clarification

Siva

Don't get me started about those stupid light bulbs.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic