• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

I got it (SCWCD 1.4)

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
It is real pleasure to announce you that I cleared the exam for the SCWCD 1.4 this morning I would like to thank you all and a particular "thank you" to Siva who has often clearly answer my questions

I am free to ask some questions for those who plan to take the exam ? particularly those who will take it in the next weeks without having a book covering all the objectives.

Adri
FYI: I got 92%

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Adri-
Congrats

Taking the 1.4 exam (and scoring so well) w/o any reference book is courageous and

Arun

Adri Smith
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Thanks you very much.

I was not confident at all taking the exam when going to the exam because this is quite hard to mesure your knowledge... You are never sure if you have not missed some points because the objectives for this certification are vague and not as much structured as those for the SCWCD1.3.

If you are preparing for the SCWCD 1.4, do not hesitate to ask questions

Adri

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Adri,

Congratulations!

I plan to take the exam next week and am using the SCWCD Study Kit, Pro JSP and mock exams from JWebPlus. What book did you use to prepare for the new topics included in SCWCD 1.4. Any mock exams? Also, did you go through the Servlet 2.4 and JSP 2.0 specifications in details?

Thanks,
Smita

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi Adri,
My heartly congratulations on your success.I am also preparing for SCWCD 1.4 . Pls let us know if you have any tips or traps for the exam.

Cheers

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
That's cool. Throw in a party for ranchers

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi Smith,
Congratulations. How long did you prepare? I'm planning to take SCWCD 1.4 with out any book and any mock exam as well. Did you do any mock exams? are there any good free mock exams?

Thanks a lot.

Adri Smith
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
here is how I prepare for the exam:

At the beginning I planned to study one month and take the exam for SCWCD 1.3. I bought the wonderful book Study kit SCWCD from DesmuskhI did not know that a new certification was coming out.

So... when I wanted to register for my exam, I found out this new certification (SCWCD 1.4). Then I look at the objectives of the SCWCD 1.4 and started to read the specifications Servlet spec 2.4 and JSP 2.0).

I did not read all the specs but I read about 400 pages in it, to be sure to understand what have changed from the previous specs and learn the new concepts needed for SCWCD 1.4. I learned all the new stuff in one and half week but that was a very busy time to be honnest.

For the JSTL, I did not have the time to read the spec for the JSTL. I looked on the website of Mikalai. For new J2ee patterns, I looked some pages on internet.

To better understand how it works, I wrote some Java code particularly to test new concepts like expression language, Tag files, JSTL,... and for understanding how the container behaves in some circonstances.

I also tried the tests provided by the jdiscuss website (quite good even if three are some errors that can help you very much), the one provided by the book and some others.

I think what is really difficult is to know when you are ready. Even if I read a significant part of the specs I have been surprised about certains questions. I have questions about env-entry, dynamic attributes which are not mentionned on the objectives. Reading the specs have helped me very much.

If you read carefully only the specs you can success but the problem is that is difficult to focus on points importants. There are much information in the specs...

The best advice I can tell you is to read the spec if you plan to take the exam before a book is ready.

I whish you all a successful exam and if you have any other questions, do not hesitate to reply to this post.

Adri
[ June 11, 2004: Message edited by: Adri Smith ]

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic