• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

SCWCD Certified [91%]

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Ranchers, thank you.

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi
Congartulation for your sucess.
Can you shar eyour experience and hard work with us from STart 0% to get 91%.
cheers
sanjay

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Congratulations ... and celebratiosn ....

nice score mate ...

any last minutes tips for us ???

and were there any surprises for you inthe exam ?

A quick reply would be much appreciated as my Big day is tomorrow ...

Regards,

Raj

Nitish Bahadur
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Caveat: These are my personal opinions. Please do not take them at face value. The result may vary for individuals. If you are busy and have other better things to do, than reading my monologue, 'have a good day'.

Schedule / Preparation:
---------------------------
It took a couple of weeks of irregular study. The process of getting certified was more enjoyable than the result. As everyone has repeatedly said, the HFS is MORE than sufficient. If you can read the book 2-3 times and remember/memorize the traps, you will easily pass the exam. Additionally, a concentrated effort of a few weeks is recommended.

Testing Software:
-----------------
If one is aiming for a high score for whatever reasons, then one should consider buying some commercial testing software. I used softSCWCD. The software(answers) had it own quirks(bugs), but it did its job of making me sit through a 2 hour test. I consistently scored between 75%-85%. This is neither a product endorsement, nor a recommendation. However, I feel that softSCWCD can improve the language, accuracy, and number of mock exams. There customer service was execellent!

Mock Exam:
-----------
I got the shock of my life when I took the HFS Mock Exam(the one at the end of the book). Gosh! The first few questions were an eye opener. Not knowing how many were correct, made the test seem tougher than it really was. However, I managed to get 72%. Based on anecdotal data, and casual statistical projections, I knew I could pass. Additionally, I was so bored memorizing the DD, Taglibs, Tag....that I knew I had enough and had to get it done with.

Drag-n-Drop:
------------
Patience it the key to make this work. Click on the source, which you want to drag, and drag it to destination, where you want to drop it. The icons change. Whenever the icon changes to a notepad icon, drop the element. It worked everytime!

Appreciation:
-------------
1. To all souls, living or dead, I appreciate their help.
2. HFS Authors you have done an execellent job
3. Marco appreciate your revision/summary list. There are a few mistakes, but it helped me. There is no doConnect...blah, blah, blah! Thanks!

Signing off.

With a little knowledge, a cast iron skillet is non-stick and lasts a lifetime.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic