• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

To Author: scwcd question

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi siva

As someone whos created this exam simulator how much time do you think does it take to prepare well for this exam(on an average) and which books would you recommend as a MUST Read.Thanx for your time

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi Paryul.

It depends. For anyone with experience in web technologies, I would recommend 1 to 2 months.For a complete novice, I would say 3 to 6 months.
But this is just my estimation.There are many factors to be taken into consideration like the grasping potential, amount of time that can be spent per day, the balance between work and personal life and so on. YMMV.

Regarding the books, you have 2 options

1) Head First Servlets and JSP - Follows a new,wonderful approach that makes learning, an enjoyable event.

2) Manning's SCWCD 1.4 study guide - Follows the standard study guide approach which many find comfortable.

You can choose one or both of them. Also don't forget to read and refer the specifications in combination with the above books.

Consider Paul's rocket mass heater.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic