• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

SCWCD versus SCBCD

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
hi,

I am in a dilemma as to which certification to pursue, either SCWCD or SCBCD.

What makes me ask such a question ???
Actually, as far as i see, there are so many projects (in many companies in India) involving Servlets & JSP`s and little EJB (Stateless Session Beans only). Incidentally, my team decided against EJB`s and choose Hibernate.
Also, many development teams are begining to switch over to some sort of a framework i.e Struts or Java Server Faces etc instead of Servlets & JSP`s alone.

So, can any one guide me as to which certification `ll help me, SCWCD or SCBCD or nothing at all !!!

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I faced the same decision earlier, and I decided to go for the SCWCD first... Similar to the situation you described in India, in the US there is a much larger demand for Servlets and JSPs than there is for EJBs. I think the steep learning curve and high overhead of EJBs is leading many companies to look to other types of object persistance, like JDO. Rumor has it that EJB 3.0 will create a more JDO-like environment for EJBS, so maybe I will look to the SCBCD i nthe future...

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Originally posted by Paul Bourdeaux:
I faced the same decision earlier, and I decided to go for the SCWCD first... Similar to the situation you described in India, in the US there is a much larger demand for Servlets and JSPs than there is for EJBs. I think the steep learning curve and high overhead of EJBs is leading many companies to look to other types of object persistance, like JDO. Rumor has it that EJB 3.0 will create a more JDO-like environment for EJBS, so maybe I will look to the SCBCD i nthe future...

Cent percent agreement.

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Guys,

if there are so many advanced technologies like struts,JSF then why SCWCD still has Servlet/Jsp in the objectives list?

Is it something because we need to have firm grip over jsp/servlet to learn advanced things?

regards,

Sheriff
Eclipse IDE VI Editor Ubuntu
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Yes, having a good understanding of those technologies won't hurt.
There are still places where simple servlet/JSP are preferred.

Rod Johnson(Spring framework) pointed that too in his books( Expert One-On-One J2Ee Design and Development/Expert One-on-One J2EE Development without EJB). Recommended reading.

Don't get me started about those stupid light bulbs.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic