• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Does HFSJ cover EVERY detail required for the exam

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
I am still preparing for the exam using HFSJ (reading second time). Haven't taken any mock-ups yet.

I know that one could clear this exam by using HFSJ book. I would like to know whether one could score 100% by using this book?? In other words, does this book cover EVERY detail required for the exam?

As the spec is bit lengthy, I don't concentrate much on the spec details that are NOT provided in the HFSJ (assuming they are not covered in the exam). Is this correct methodology to score 100%? (I understand that scoring 100% doesn't always mean that one knows a to z in that technology).

Please advice.

Satish Ramasamy
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
In the third para above... it should be
"...spec details that are NOT mentioned in the HFSJ ..."

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I haven't given the exam yet, but I always read the spec (Atleast superficially if it gets too boring) before answering the chapters' mocks. Because there is always something that is not covered in the chapter itself but is clearly mentioned in the spec. I feel they did it purposely to make you read the spec a little. I hope it helps.

Satish Ramasamy
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Thanks for the comments.

Yes, I do read specifications but I tend to IGNORE reading information/details that were NOT mentioned in HFSJ book. For example, I read only those page-directive attributes (in the Spec) that were mentioned in the HFSJ. I don't even bother to look into other attributes detail. Hence, I would be in trouble if HFSJ doesn't cover every detail required for the exam.

author
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hello Satish,

We certainly tried to cover every topic that is on the current exam and in general we succeeded fairly well. However, there was one topic that we missed altogether: dynamic tag attributes. A few months ago, I created a brief tutorial on the subject. See: Dynamic Attributes tutorial

Cheers,
Bryan Basham

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic