• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Moving From AS400/ISeries to Java Technology

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hey guys ,
Its good to see such enthusiastic group of people helping each other for nothing. Thats something to appreciate , I guess all Java people are pleasant at heart.
Anyways here is my query. After graduation I got selected in an IT services company and they trained me in As/400 , RPG and COBOL.
I on the other hand am a Java geek and I would like to Move onto Java technology . I have cleared my SCJP , I want to write my SCWCD 1.4 now , wud that help in making my future employer realize that I am a person well versed with the concepts of Java so that he/she will allow me to work on Java technology ?
Your replies will give me the confidence I need to clear one of the most coveted certifications of the world.
Expecting your valuable replies.
Thanking you

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Some 2 or 3 months back I read a post where a fresher candidate after completion of his graduation who was not placed on campus went on to get both scjp and scwcd and made his way in Java development with good package. He mentioned both the certification helped him a lot to get into the company.

As you had already successfully completed scjp it wouldn't take much time to you finish scwcd and speak with the concerned person in your office about getting into Java, J2EE related work.

All the best.

Sathish Nagappan
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hey thanks vishnu , I am working in Wipro rite now , they have a wings within policy to shift technologies from within.. Lets see .. Anyone else , suggestions please ?

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
The thread should go in Jobs Discussion

Why fit in when you were born to stand out? - Seuss. Tiny ad:
a bit of art, as a gift, the permaculture playing cards
https://gardener-gift.com
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic