• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Preperation materials..

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
I am planning to start preparing for SCWCD. After reading the FAQ's looks like the current version is SCWCD 1.4..is that correct. Also the exam code is 310-081.

The confusion is I have PDF of Hanumanth Deshmukh book, it says the exam code as 310-080..is the old version ?? Can anyone send me the link to the latest PDF and other PDF's/materials which will help me prepare for this.

Also what is the standard book which focuses on the exam objectives, for example I used Kathy Sierra for my SCJP...

Regards,
Ram

Bartender
MyEclipse IDE Firefox Browser Linux
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Asking for such free links is illegal. Please buy the book.

Sheriff
Eclipse IDE VI Editor Ubuntu
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

is the old version

Yes

Can anyone send me the link to the latest PDF

The pdf version was bundled with the book for the old version only.
The new book does not bundle a pdf version anymore.
Even if it had, there's no free update.

See the ScwcdLinks page for recommended books :
http://faq.javaranch.com/view?ScwcdLinks

Ram Murthy
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
John Meyers -- I am hearing for the first time that asking for materials which are already free is illegal. There is nothing wrong about passing on things which are legally free. I have good understanding of what is legal and illegal, would appreciate if you could help with the questions rather than misinterpreting it and giving some advice which is not requested. Not sure where in my post I have requested for materials which are illegal ??

Satou -- Thanks for your inputs

Regards,
Ram

arch rival
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
"John Meyers -- I am hearing for the first time that asking for materials which are already free is illegal. There is nothing wrong about passing on things which are legally free."

The material you are asking for is not free, you asked for a link to "the latest pdf" implying you want a later version of the pdf that was bundled with the book and is copyright. Also you said you have the pdf, you did not say you have the book. If you have the pdf and not the book then you have something you do not have the right to. If JavaRanch is considered to encourage, condone or even passively accept breaches of copyright it will run the risk of legal action with the possibility of it closing down. We take any solicitation of breach of copyright extreemly seriously.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic