• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Need Guidance Pls

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
hi iam certified java programmer.I successfully attained it last week only.Now iam planning to write next level i.e developer exam but i want to write this exam as soon as possible within month or so..that's y i selected SCWCD instead of SCJD.Am i in the write path??Is there any priority for SCJD than SCWCD?

And I dont know HTML or UML but i want to finish SCWCD as soon as possible.Currently Iam not working so i can devote as much time as possible in a day for preparing for the exam.Am I able to learn within one month?

And also suggest me one good book so that i can depend entirely on that book only for SCWCD.

Thanks and any suggestions are highly appreciated in advance.

Sheriff
Eclipse IDE VI Editor Ubuntu
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Is there any priority for SCJD than SCWCD?

No. If you want to do something more practical, you should go for SCJD. SCWCD is theory only. If you've got plenty of time, you could make it in a short time, like some other ranchers did. Most ranchers are using Head First Servlets and JSP as their study book.

Your other questions will be answered by looking at the FAQ and Links pages :
http://faq.javaranch.com/view?ScwcdFaq
http://faq.javaranch.com/view?ScwcdLinks

Enthuware Software Support
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
If you have absolutely no experience in web development, it might be quite difficult for you to pass SCWCD in a month. People who already have even ASP/.Net, PHP experience, find SCWCD easy because all these technologies work off of the same conceptual understanding of HTTP, session, dynamic response generation etc.

In general, SCWCD will give you more bang for your buck because these days there is trend in developing web based applications (covered by SCWCD) instead of stand alone or even heavy-client distributed applications (covered by SCJD). So a good number of companies look for JSP/Servlet/Web development knowledge rather than RMI and Swing knowledge.

rama krishna
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Thankyou very much Satou kurinosuke and Paul Anil for your valuable suggestions.

pie sneak
Mac VI Editor Ruby
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
"pd sk", please see our JavaRanch Naming Policy. That and "Be Nice" are our only two rules around here, so you are already halfway there.

Welcome to the Ranch.

(My vote is for SCWCD over SCJD simply because so many businesses have shifted most of their applications to the web.)

Marc Peabody
pie sneak
Mac VI Editor Ruby
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
And as soon as my post went through I saw that your name changed. Must be magic.

Don't get me started about those stupid light bulbs.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic