• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Loose ends...

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi all,
I am almost done my assignment, but have some questions before I create my final package:
1. The requirments ask for some user documentation; where does this go? Can I make it part of the design_choices document, or place it within the UI? What is a typical size for this?
2. Do you thing I need to have extensive logging? I was simply printing debug to stdout, and then deleted it. Now my program runs with no output to the console, is this okay?
3. The requirements state "Your user interface should be designed with the expectation of future functionality enhancements". Is having a seperate business delagate class enough to acheive this?
Other than these 3 loose ends, all I need to do is test on a production JRE and I'm done!
--Dave.

ranger
Mac IntelliJ IDE Spring
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
1. Most of us just made HTML documents and have a JScrollPane on a JFrame display the document. Having a Help Menu to launch the JFrame is nice.

2. No logging is needed. Actually for exceptions the best choice is to throw it up to the right location and have a nice little dialog pop up with a nice user message saying what went wrong. Try avoiding printStackTrace going to console and such.
3. Is more a design type requirement, by designing with decoupling classes you increase the ease of modifying and updating your classes with other classes and such.
mark

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Originally posted by Mark Spritzler:
1. Most of us just made HTML documents and have a JScrollPane on a JFrame display the document. Having a Help Menu to launch the JFrame is nice.

Is this must to provide javadoc in client (through help menu) Application?? But there is nothing like that in the requirements..I am supplying javadoc through a folder in scjd.jar.

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi Jyothi,
not Javadoc, but something like an ordinary help function, e.g. what your app does, how to book, search a flight, and so on. It's not a big deal. The online help is intended for the user, not the programmer. Besides, the Javadoc must be part of your upload.
Hope this helps.

Don't get me started about those stupid light bulbs.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic