• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

GUI question

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
My user interface allows the user to select an origin with a combobox, and the possible destinations fill automatically in the destination combobox, same for the possible dates and carriers. The two flights (in case of a return is requested) are self-selected in the JTable.
Do I also have to provide an interface where the user clicks in the JTable to select a flight, or is this not necessary?
Thanks,
Charles.

ranger
Mac IntelliJ IDE Spring
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Well the user need to have the ability for the user to select the individual flight they want to book. And usually this means selecting from the JTable
Mark

Charles Dupin
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Does this mean that if I offer a quite nice way to select trips and return trips with combobox boxes, I do not have to offer the selection from the JTable. Just use the JTable to display selections.
C.

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
In first column of each row in JTable I have a JCheckBox with a JTextField, that way the user can check the box and type number of seat(s) she wants to book.
Jawad

Mark Spritzler
ranger
Mac IntelliJ IDE Spring
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
While those are good ideas for a production type system. They are beyond what you need in this assignment.
All you need to ahve is the JTable that shows the search results, the user selects a row, then just have a JTextBox and a JButton below the JTable, where the user can type in the Number of seats then hit the button to book.
You can go as far as the user select a row, then click a button that calls up a screen that the user entes the number of seats and a Book button.
BUt having a Checkbox in the JTable, or having ComboBoxes to have return trips is completely uneccessary for the assignment.
Mark

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic