• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Books for SCJD

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hai,
I come to know(after leafing through some messages posted here) that Java Certification book by Mehran Habibi is good. I already have another book by SimonRoberts and Phillip Heller. I am now thinking of buying this also. Will it add benefit, or are the contents pretty much the same as the other book?
Thanks
Nandini

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I don't remember name of the book that i have, it is for 1.4 cerification, something about Sammy's DVD.
I liked the book but it can't tell that it had big impact on my assignment. I remember they had rather nice thread overview saying that very unlikely we'll need to do anything of this complexity for the assignment whereas i found threading for the assignment much more difficult than their overview.
I found this forum much more useful than any book and i joined here only at the end of my development, better be earlier.
I think one book would be enough for you, better save money for somehing more useful, icecream or beer for example.

author and jackaroo
Mac IntelliJ IDE Firefox Browser Oracle C++ Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi Svetlana
I think you are talking about Max's book as well - the authors use Denny's DVD as their sample application.
Regards, Andrew

ranger
Mac IntelliJ IDE Spring
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Nandini, Check out the FAQ SCJD Links link at the top of this forum. It has a list of the books that are available for the SCJD.
Mark
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic