• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

NX: Appealing to Sun - help please????

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
I have sent an appeal to Sun regarding my 48 hour autofailure. However, I am very frustrated because I have heard nothing back from them. This whole thing started back in February. I'll put the timeline of what has happened below.
2/20 - received initial auto-fail in database
2/20 - emailed high level appeal to the who2contact email
2/23 - a Sun rep sent a question to my grader and he responded
2/23 - Sun rep sent response back to me (I disagree with his response)
2/23 - I sent a detail appeal request back to this Sun rep
3/8 - sent email requesting status to same Sun rep
3/14 - sent email requesting status to who2contact address (w/email trail)
3/18 - talked with a new Sun person in Educational Services (Colorado) and sent him the email trail - he was going to chase it down
3/25 - talked with a different Sun person in Educational Services. Found out that the original Educational Services guy was now on vacation for a week. She asked me to send her the email trail
Ughhhhhh!!! Will this ever end? Is this typical? I would expect that they would tell me if they were not considering my appeal, but I don't know.
Does anyone have any other ideas on how I can get them to respond to me? I really don't want to dump the $$$$ for resubmission if I don't have to. I just want to find out if they are still considering my appeal or not.
Ideas anyone???
Thanks.
TJ

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Terry,
Sorry about your 48hr auto-failure. I hope SUN considers your appeal.
Can you tell us what was the 48 hr requirement in your assignment and what was the assumption that you made/documented in your choices.text file? How different was your assumption compared to the mentioned "must requirement in your specs"?

I have B&S assignment, and there is nothing like 48 hr requirement in my specs. I am sure your inputs will benefit some of us over here.

thanks,
Vish
[ March 31, 2004: Message edited by: Vish Kumar ]

Vishwa Kumba
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Terry,
Please ignore my post. I found your earlier post.
https://coderanch.com/t/185450/java-developer-SCJD/certification/NX-hour-Auto-failure

Terry Martinson
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Advice: You need to be extremely patient with Sun in these appeal situations. They tend to be fair in considering appeals, but can drive you crazy by not giving you any information as to what is going on.
I sent in an appeal on 2/23 and was in total limbo until 3/31. During that whole time I could not get a status on whether or not they were even considering my appeal. Then on 3/31 they FINALLY responded and said I would have a decision in 5 business days. They missed that estimate.
I finally got an favorable answer in the database on 4/11.
So...Good luck and be patient in appeal situations!
TJ

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic