• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

NX: Client design

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi all,

Please comment on my design:

The client side is implemented using the MVC pattern. I didn't implemented this in the common sence, means for each view a modell and a controller. I have only one Controller and one model for the main window ContractorView and also for the view where the user can book a contractor (which shows the fields from the selected row and has a editable textfield to perform booking).
The model is the contractor table model. I found I don't need a separate contractor and model for the book contractor view.
For the configuration window I didn't use a controller and model because the business logic is too simple - the 3 relevant data are stored in the system properties.
The congiguration window and the main window are JFrame and the book contractor view is a JDialog. I allow the user to return from the main window to the configuration window and to show or change the configuration.

I am now writing the choices.txt and I don't know very well how can I argue
my design choice. Can I say that I used MVC?

Regards,
Maria

Maria Lepschy
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi ranchers,
I need your help!

Don't get me started about those stupid light bulbs.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic