• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

exam taking order

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
I tried searching for info on this but couldn't seem to find it anywhere. If one is planning on taking the SCJD, SCWCD, SCBCD and SCEA exams, Is there any general consensus on which order would be better to take them in? Or are there really no reasons to take one before the other and just do them in any order?

author and jackaroo
Mac IntelliJ IDE Firefox Browser Oracle C++ Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi Darren,

There are several schools of thought...

One suggests that if you are trying to get a certificate now (so you can impress your partner / boss / potential employer), then you may be able to get the SCWCD and SCBCD certificates quicker than you can get the SCJD or SCEA.

Another school of thought is that if you want to get all the certificates in the shortest elapsed time, then you might want to start SCJD before SCWCD or SCBCD, as you can use the time waiting for the results of your SCJD (could be 6 weeks from when you submit your assignment) to go for the other certificates.

Of course if you are looking for the friendliest forum to hang out, then this is definately where you want to be spending your time .

I would recommend taking SCEA at the end of all the other certificates - the things you learn in the other certificates will help you in SCEA. (By the way, if you are a new programmer, and trying to get certificates to impress potential employers, it is possible that having both programming paths and architect paths might confuse them).

Regards, Andrew

Darren McLeod
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi Andrew, thanks for the advice. I think I will get SCWCD, SCBCD next because I am trying to impress my boss before my annual review in September Then I�ll do SCJD and while I�m waiting for the results of my assignment I�ll do the SCEA. I thought about the �confusion� of doing programming and architect paths but for me I am not a new programmer. I work for a consulting firm so depending on the work available we can submit a programming resume or an architect resume. Plus I really like the idea of the SCJD assignment and will be doing it more for my own satisfaction than for impressing potential clients.

Consider Paul's rocket mass heater.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic