• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Review my architecture, please...

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
I'm not sure wheather this is an violation of rules, if yes, please delete this message.

I have setup my Architecture for URLyBird 1.2.2

Please, short review as I'm not sure if this is what Sun is looking for.

Thanks a lot
Dalibor
[ October 08, 2004: Message edited by: Dalibor Kalna ]

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi Dalibor Kalna,

May I ask you a few questions about your design?

Suppose a user of the GUI wants to search for some contractors/hotel rooms/flights. She enters some search criteria on a screen and pushes the search button. Then some object in the ClientGUI component invokes a method of the BusinessFacade and passes the search criteria. Some business processing occurs before the database is accessed. For example, maybe the search criteria is validated or transformed before being sent to the Server. To me, it looks like that business work will be implemented in both the LocalBusinessFacade and the RemoteBusinessFacade. Is that correct?

How does the ClientGUI know whether to get an object in the LocalBusinessFacade component or the RemoteBusinessFacade component?

I am guessing, a remote object is part of the RemoteClient component and the stub of a remote object is part of the RemoteBusinessFacade component. I am a little confused, because the remote object executes on the Server, but according to the picture, it�s in the RMI Registry.

Regards, Marlene
[ October 08, 2004: Message edited by: Marlene Miller ]

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic