• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

How to buy a book of "The Sun Certified Java Developer Exam with J2SE 1.4" in China?

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi all:
I am in China. I want to buy a book of "The Sun Certified Java Developer Exam with J2SE 1.4". How can I do?

Thanks

[Andrew: Removed email address]
[ January 25, 2005: Message edited by: Andrew Monkhouse ]

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
To send you an e-copy would be illegal without permission from the author and publisher. Have you tried going to one of the Amazon websites and ordering it with international shipping? I live in the United States, but sometimes I buy through their Canada site (www.amazon.ca) or their UK site (www.amazon.co.uk, I think...).

Good luck.

author and jackaroo
Mac IntelliJ IDE Firefox Browser Oracle C++ Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi Ming,

As Jeff noted, it is not legal for anyone to provide you with an electronic copy of this book. Indeed, most books are covered by copyright, and cannot be shared (there are a few books that explicitly allow copying of electronic versions, but without that explicit approval, it is illegal).

JavaRanch does not allow such illegal requests, so I have removed that section from your post.

As Jeff suggested, you could try Amazon - their web site states that they will ship to China. They also list this site as their China site.

Alternatively, the Apress web site has a section on ordering books, which lists a Souteast Asia sales office handling (at least) Taiwan and Hong Kong. You could contact them and ask if they have resellers in your district.

Most cities also have a foreign language bookstore - you could try asking them if they can order the book in for you.

If you do manage to purchase a copy, could you please post here where you got it from? We regularly see requests from people in China trying to find this book.

Regards, Andrew
[ January 25, 2005: Message edited by: Andrew Monkhouse ]

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi ming!

Please respect the copyright! If every one don't respect the copyright, authors will not write books. I have bought this book on amazon. It's very easy and fast. You should try it.

ming cai
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi all:

I should respect the copyright. Please excuse for my error idea, because I want to have this book very much and not know how to purchase it.
Who can tell me if I pruchase the copy on amazon, amazon can ship the book to me in China? If possible, please tell me the flow about it.

thanks all.

Jeff Bosch
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi, Ming -

Andrew already did as you request in his response.

Good luck!

FeiWen Cheng
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I have bought the book in amazon, and paid the money by credit card! It's most easy way to pay. I choose the standard shipping and it takes about 3-4 week to ship taiwan. I think it takes the same time to ship to china.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic