• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Is it possible to resubmit a passing assignment?

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Has anyone who has passed SCJD ever resubmitted their assignment to get additional feedback from the assessor (or just to get a higher score )? Is such a thing possible?

I, am I'm sure many others, would like to know exactly what I overlooked so that I may improve as a developer. With no feedback other than a numeric score and no access to Sun's testing harness, it is difficult to do this. I think I know how to adress some of the shortcomings in my assignment, but I have no way of knowing for sure unless I resubmit it.

In the real world, one does get such feedback in the form of bug reports and
feature requests from the customer. It would be nice if the SCJD certification process addressed this aspect of software development as well. This could be an opportunity for Sun and Prometric to earn some extra money by providing such a service.

author and jackaroo
Mac IntelliJ IDE Firefox Browser Oracle C++ Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi Thomas,

I honestly don't know if this is possible or not. Personally I doubt it, but you could always ask your Sun Education representative (or send an email to sun ed). If you do, please let us know what they say .

I think that this could be a difficult way for you to find what you lost marks for: you would have to look at what you lost points for, modify it, resubmit it, and then see if your points go up or down: could be a long and expensive process.

From Sun's perspective there is the danger that someone could use this to try and determine where points are allocated, so they probably wouldnt want to see it happen.

Regards, Andrew

Don't get me started about those stupid light bulbs.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic