• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

essay exam and doxumentations

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi everybody ,
I have uploaded my assignement and I am ready to take the essai exam. I have read somewhere that we are allowed to bring all the documentation we want to take the essay exam? Is is true?
- Lydie

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I have heard the opposite, but can't confitm that since I stillhave to go through that.

cheers
martin

author and jackaroo
Mac IntelliJ IDE Firefox Browser Oracle C++ Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi Lydie,

No - this is like any other exam at Prometric: you are not allowed to take anything other than a pen and some blank paper.

At the offices I went to I was not even allowed my own pen and paper - the office provided a plastic wrapped sheet and an erasable pen (so I could just rub off earlier work if I needed more space).

You really shouldnt need any documentation though - you only get 4 questions, and you should find them increadibly easy having already completed your assignment. You will get questions like "did you choose RMI or Sockets, and why?" (this is the only question we allow to be posted here). You cannot really fail the written exam, however you are going to be in trouble if you say you used one protocol in your exam, and your submission uses the other protocol .

Regards, Andrew
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic