• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

SCJD assignment resubmission

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi All,
Recently, i failed in scjd. It is automatic failure (the reason was: before starting the server, my instruction was to start the rmiregistry. but the requirment is both server and client should run with one command.) I am resubmitting it. I have used JDK 1.4, for my assignment. Now this version is no more valid. I tried compiling with JDK 1.5. It compiles with warning. My question is, is this acceptable? or can i submit the compiled jar in JDK 1.4? Should i need to rewrite the code in JDK 1.5 to remove this warning? Please advise.

author and jackaroo
Mac IntelliJ IDE Firefox Browser Oracle C++ Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi Sundaram,

I would recommend you modify your code so that there are no warnings. While you could possibly submit with the warnings in place, the assessor might deduct points for this. If you have an otherwise perfect assignment, this might not matter, but personally I would not want to risk having these points result in a failure.

Regards, Andrew

sundaram mahalingam
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Dear Andrew,
Thanks a lot for your advise. I will resubmit the assignment without warnings in JDK 5.0.

Regards,
Sundaram M
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic