• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

SCJD advice - not previously posted!

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi, I have gone thru Andrew's book. It is good, but I am unable to get a big picture and the flow of control since there is no classdiagram for the entire DennysDVD project (yes, ofcourse there are a couple of class diagrams on pg 185 for one piece of the project). Now, I am trying to load it in Eclipse and get the debugger working so I can atleast understand the flow of the program (now I havent got it successfully loaded..thats another post of mine in IDE forum).. Has anybody done this? Is this useful?
Any suggestions highly appreciated. Thanks

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi Nina,

I read Andrew's book too, but I dont'n try to recreate entire DVD's Denny example, I try to think how apply his advices in my project (not all fits because the requerimients are strictly) and make a desing of my own project looking for issues and try to resolve with help of book or searching that issues in this forum (when i do that i could think more clear what is told in book). I hope this help you, regards.

That feels good. Thanks. Here's a tiny ad:
a bit of art, as a gift, the permaculture playing cards
https://gardener-gift.com
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic