• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Advice on SCJP 2 Exam

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
please how much well can i prepare for the exam,i have study with The Complete java 2 Certification Guide by Robert et al, but the study guide does not contains much codes example question and i had that the exam now contains more of code question,i have being studing for four weeks now ,i have taken Marcus Green mock exam,did pretty well.
please is the exam very tough,because it is expensive here in my country and i want to be very alright before i take the exam,i had plan on taking in january before but i was scared.
Give me more insight on preparation,i am glad i found javaranch.

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi kaffo,
Try taking more mocks, and don't be scared. you will get more confident if you give more mocks. If you are scared you can never make it.
Give as many mocks as possible, u refer Java queen's( Maha Anna's) page for listing. Marcus green's Test is good, but you have to give more test, why not try khalid's applet. See if you crack it.
Confidence maketh Man
Anyway wish you all the Best, wish me too as i am soon appearing.
Bye
Neelkanth

Confidence maketh Man

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I took the exam on Feb 8, 2001. I think the real exam is simular as the Marcus Green mock exam 1 & 2. How much you got on these two, it will be simular as your real exam.
the real exam just test the fundamental stuff, not very hard, if you read RHE very well, I think you can pass.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic