• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Is this true????

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
From Marcus Green "You may get questions in the exam that have no apparently correct answer. If you are absolutely sure this is the case, do not check any of the options."

Is this true?

"The Hood"
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
In the new format the TELL you how many are true (Can you believe it!!!)- So I can't imagine they will create a question and TELL you don't pick any

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Wouldn't it be nice though. Knowing me though, I would secod guess it and select an answer.
Bill

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi,
I just took the exam yesterday for the first time. I am 100% sure that my first question itself did not have an apparent answer. There were 4 choices and it was saying there were 2 answers to choose.
I ended up scoring 93%. But I would like to say that there are such questions where you have no apparent correct answers. Now, I am not sure that if I had left that question unanswered, my percentage would have been more or remained the same.
Best wishes if you are planning to take the exam.
Rajesh

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
hi Rajesh!
Congragulations on passing the exam with avery good percentage. Did you answer that question? please reply

bill bozeman
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Rajesh,
If the exam said there were two correct, then they were expecting two answers. If you would have left it blank, they would have marked it incorrect. They are not going to try and trick you that way.
But I had one question that I also think they were incorrect on. I got a 93 also, and 2 of them I felt I could have argued my point and I am pretty sure those are 2 of the ones I got wrong. Oh well, I am happy with a 93
Congrats by the way!
Bill

arch rival
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I guess that advice is no longer applicable as they tell you how many answers to check. Mind you I think that many people didn't quite believe me previously.
Marcus

Rajesh Radh
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi Bill,
The first question was so simple and I knew that the answer they had given was wrong. But I didnot know what should I do in such situation. So I selected the two that was very close to the answer. I also memorized the question and the four choices. i tried the same at home. I was right, the four of them were wrong!
Like you, I am also happy with the score of 93%. I wanted a score above 90, which I got.
Thanks,
Rajesh

Originally posted by bill bozeman:
Rajesh,
If the exam said there were two correct, then they were expecting two answers. If you would have left it blank, they would have marked it incorrect. They are not going to try and trick you that way.
But I had one question that I also think they were incorrect on. I got a 93 also, and 2 of them I felt I could have argued my point and I am pretty sure those are 2 of the ones I got wrong. Oh well, I am happy with a 93
Congrats by the way!
Bill

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic