• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Problem while Running JMeter Scripts for updating the record

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
I have created a JMeter scripts for updating a Record. Now out of 10 field i am only updating 2 fields, so to preserve the value of other fields i have added pre-processor element HTML Link Parser under the Save Request and kept .* as the value of those Fields whose value i want to preserve.

1. Throw request for Opening Page to edit the record. --> This will open the page which will display a value of existing fields in text box.
2. Throw request for saving above record with some modifications. --> i have added HTTP Link Parser under this request.

Now when i run the script instead of passing the original value it passes .* as value of the fields.

I know that HTML Link Parser looks the response data of immediate previous request and I have make sure that in my scripts.

So can any one help me why this problem occurs.

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
A bit difficult to answer without knowing the functionality. However, I don't think you need HTML Link Parser functionality here. Even if it is an update, the form will have all the values necessary to perform the action (correct me if I am wrong). So you don't need any parser or .* kind of functionality, right?

For the edit/update scenarios you just need to make sure that you get the appropriate id of the object (that you're trying to update) from the previous requests.

- SPS

Don't get me started about those stupid light bulbs.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic