• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

navigation between different web applications

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi everybody,

I am working on two JSF web Applications. One application is a UI for production services. Other is Testing UI.
I have a requirement like if I click on a link in production services UI I should be able to navigate to TEST UI application. Once The test is done the control is to be shifted to production Services.

Can this type of requirements be handled.Is it possible to navigate between two web applications.

Thanks,
Dileep.

Rancher
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
That depends on what exactly you mean by "navigate". The simplest form would be a link that takes you to the other environment.

dileep Chappalli
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Ok, the requirement is we are using web services. So to test the web services testUI is used. To test the web services in Production TestUI will be called. once the testUI execution is completed the control will shift back to Production UI.

Can this be done.

Thank you,
Dileep.

Ulf Dittmer
Rancher
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I don't understand what "control will shift" means - who is in control, and of what?

Say you're in the production UI. Now you want to shift to the test UI. What does this shift entail that a link to the other page (or web app) does not provide?
[ October 16, 2007: Message edited by: Ulf Dittmer ]

dileep Chappalli
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I navigate between Product UI and Test UI.

"control will shift" in the sense I mean the session(HttpSession). The session of Production UI from which the request for Test UI is generated.

If I want to come back from Test UI to the Production UI and resume other work. How can I track the session from which the user has generated request for Test UI.

Can we track the session from which the request for Test UI application is generated ?

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic