• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Similar to MDB in Hibernate?

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi,

I want to use a feature same like Message Driven Bean(MDB) in my project so does Hibernate provide such feature?

Incase not, is there any else solution to it as I dont want to use EJB.

Thanks

Rancher
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
MDB are Java objects running inside of an EJB container and which are accessible via JMS. They have nothing to do with Hibernate and its functionality (which kind of competes with entity beans, not message-driven beans).

Is your question more about accessing a server via JMS, or about persisting objects? Because the two really have nothing to do with each other.

Sahil Saxena
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Thanks Ulf for ur answer.

Well in my project I want server should send a request to client when server receives any message for that clientif there is a session between them.(You can say like callback).

I had read about Message Driven Bean which performs the above functionality but I dont want to use Message Driven Bean because I am using Tomcat web container and I was expecting Hibernate might be providing same feature like MDB but as you said that Hibernate provides feature like Entity bean I think I have to look for other option.

May you suggest any other option you know?

Thanks.

Ulf Dittmer
Rancher
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
What kind of communication do you have in mind - synchronous or asynchronous? It seems unusual for the server to contact the client; does the client include some kind of server process as well, which listens to requests?

Sahil Saxena
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi,

It has to be asynchronous communication because the client will be also doing other things in the session.

No the client dont have any process which would be listening to the server request but I was thinking of using JMS at the client side as well as server side.

Do you think JMS will work in the above scenario?

Thanks

Ulf Dittmer
Rancher
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Sure, JMS is an option. Client and Server just need to check with the JMS server every so often if there are any new messages. Come to think of it, simple mail (SMTP for sending, POP3 for receiving) might suffice.

OpenJMS is a open source JMS server, while Apache James is an open source mail server (or maybe you can use an existing mail server in your network).
[ January 05, 2006: Message edited by: Ulf Dittmer ]

With a little knowledge, a cast iron skillet is non-stick and lasts a lifetime.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic