• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

WebServices Problems with WL 7

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi, I�m trying WL7 webservices-WL_WS and I�m having some problems listed above:
1) Reading wl docs it says that WL_WS uses servicegen and autotype Ant tasks that can generate
the serializer class to convert the data between its Java and XML representations for ArrayLists, so I problably have to write a serializer class to convert back from XML to java. I�m newbie to WebServices and need suggestions on how to do it.
I�ve tryied the webservices like it leaves from the servicegen and autotype Ant tasks and everything works well but I get an Object array back from the client side. Yes I know that I can use some method such Arrays.asList to get the Collection back, but I need to know if there�s a better way.
2) A friend wich works in the same company as I do has developed a security component tha is implemented as Filter for the web layer and relies on an abstract implementation to be reusable, we choose to implement the interface as an component that relies on EJB and I was trying to make it accessible using web services and realize that servicegen and autotype can�t do it with types like Interfaces and abstract classes or even, in this case, with a class that implements an interface. Is there a way do build a SOAP service with this kind of implementation, or is this a SOAP limitation???
any help here will be really appreciated.
Best regards,
Marcos Maia.

passwords must contain 14 characters, a number, punctuation, a small bird, a bit of cheese and a tiny ad.
a bit of art, as a gift, the permaculture playing cards
https://gardener-gift.com
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic