• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Help on JARGON

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi,
I have the idea about webservices.
i want help from you guys about the Jargon - SOA, BPEL, ESB etc...
I took the help of Google, but i am not able to understand properlly.

i am thankful for your help.

---Sandya.

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Sandya,

I'm not sure If the word jargon is the proper one here...

But maybe it is, as Merriam Webster says at http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/jargon

2: the technical terminology or characteristic idiom of a special activity or group

Wikipedia keeps surprising me with its quality ...

Service-oriented architecture

Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) is a computer systems architectural style for creating and using business processes, packaged as services, throughout their lifecycle. SOA also defines and provisions the IT infrastructure to allow different applications to exchange data and participate in business processes. These functions are loosely coupled with the operating systems and programming languages underlying the applications.[1] SOA separates functions into distinct units (services), which can be distributed over a network and can be combined and reused to create business applications.[2] These services communicate with each other by passing data from one service to another, or by coordinating an activity between two or more services. SOA concepts are often seen as built upon, and evolving from older concepts of distributed computing[2] and modular programming.

Then, the overview is great http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Service-oriented_architecture

Business Process Execution Language

As defined in the abstract of the Web Services Business Process Execution Language OASIS Standard WS-BPEL 2.0, WS-BPEL (or BPEL for short) is a language for specifying business process behavior based on Web Services. Processes in WS-BPEL export and import functionality by using Web Service interfaces exclusively.

Regards,
Dan

Bartender
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
See also:
Web services and SOA

Definition of SOA

I'd recommend that you have a look at SOA in Practice: The Art of Distributed System Design

If you want a more detailed look at the 2PC vs Compensation example see: Your Coffee Shop Doesn�t Use Two-Phase Commit (PDF)
[ February 28, 2008: Message edited by: Peer Reynders ]

Yup, yup, yup. Tiny ad:
a bit of art, as a gift, that will fit in a stocking
https://gardener-gift.com
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic