• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Mobile - PC communication ?

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi guyz,
I am developing an application such that, e-Mail messages and SMS messages [in Text] can be listned on mobile sets [in Speech]. That is Text To Speech (TTS) conversion is made at Mobile Service Provide(MSP) side [e.g Vodafone]. However, I am just doing simulation of this concept rather to work with some MSP in real.
For this simulation, I need to connect my PC (which is performing a role of MSP) with mobile set (which is performing a role of client). For PC-Mobile connection I have two choice 1)cable connection 2) wireless connection.
Now, please help me in choosing type of connection. And how I will do this.
Bye,
Viki.
NOTE: I can send u block diagram (a high level view) of my concept explained above. Or can upload it.

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Originally posted by Vikrama Sanjeeva:
Hi guyz,
I am developing an application such that, e-Mail messages and SMS messages [in Text] can be listned on mobile sets [in Speech]. That is Text To Speech (TTS) conversion is made at Mobile Service Provide(MSP) side [e.g Vodafone]. However, I am just doing simulation of this concept rather to work with some MSP in real.
For this simulation, I need to connect my PC (which is performing a role of MSP) with mobile set (which is performing a role of client). For PC-Mobile connection I have two choice 1)cable connection 2) wireless connection.
Now, please help me in choosing type of connection. And how I will do this.
Bye,
Viki.
NOTE: I can send u block diagram (a high level view) of my concept explained above. Or can upload it.

the obvious choice is wireless as to make sure it goes through the message gateway so you see that you have handled things properly, right?

Vikrama Sanjeeva
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi,
What do u mean by "message gateway"? By the way, I am complete newbie in mobile computing
Bye,
Viki.
[ June 14, 2003: Message edited by: Vikrama Sanjeeva ]

Vikrama Sanjeeva
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi,
Still waiting. I think message gateway is a software which plays a role of interprator between mobile and PC. But where can I get one from? and how my mobile will wirelessly connect with PC? I mean how signals will be transmitted and how actually my mobile will connect with my PC.
Bye,
Viki.

I have a knack for fixing things like this ... um ... sorry ... here is a consilitory tiny ad:
a bit of art, as a gift, the permaculture playing cards
https://gardener-gift.com
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic