• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Unable to use wma-tck utility

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
from the nov 5, 2005 issue of http://developers.sun.com/techtopics/mobility/midp/articles/wma/index.html

Sending and Receiving messages from J2SE

The WMA RI includes the JAR file wma-tck.jar, which you can use to test your WMA-based MIDlets. The primary role of the wma-tck.jar is as a plug-in to the WMA technology compatibility kit (WTK), but because it includes the basic classes needed for sending and receiving WMA messages and it is already set for execution to run a test-driver (TCKTest.class), you can use it for testing.

Before using wma-tck.jar, make sure it''s accessible. You should be able to find it in <installed-directory>/wma/wma1_0/lib. Copy the JAR file into the $WTK_HOME/lib, where $WTK_HOME is the toolkit's base directory.

The following is not working, the jar is made accessible and the phone number changed to a valid one.

and of course, I'm connected to the internet. Does anybody know what's going wrong and where? Mark?

thanks

ranger
Mac IntelliJ IDE Spring
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
So what error do you get. I doubt, I'll be of much help here, since it has been a long while since I sent an SMS message, probably at least a year and a half, and haven't used that "Mock" test object to send a message with J2SE.

But, I'll try, and I am sure others will too.

Mark

Akshay Kiran
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
thanks Mark that was reassuring though I don't see many responses in this forum
anyway, I don't get an error, it executes perfectly, but I don't receive the sms thats the whole thing.

Mark Spritzler
ranger
Mac IntelliJ IDE Spring
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Then that's going to be a tough one. Just hope that there isn't someone out in the world getting these messages, and say "Who the heck keep sending me these messages, and racking up my charges." Just in case, send another one with contact information, so you can re-imburse them if this is the case. JK

It will be tough because you will need to be able to sniff to see if the message is even getting out of your network, and then if it is, then it is anyone's guess after that, since you really have no control after that.

Mark

Don't get me started about those stupid light bulbs.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic