• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

How to get Image location in mobile phones

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi all ,

QUESTION:: Is it possible to retrieve images present in Mobile phones by 3rd party application.If we can who to get the image..i mean what will be the URL formate.

I want to send the Image (which i took from mobile phone's camera ) to server .

For this i need to know where exactly the Image will be stored in phone after taking photo.

In mobile i hope it is not posssible to get the image like D:\Photos\nature1.gif because file system is not supported by mobile phones(Please correct me if i am wrong).If so how can i get the image which i took from mobile phone's camera.

Is it possible to get image by 3rd party application(because i should create an application which take image files )...Does it require any certification to get access to image files
[ August 17, 2006: Message edited by: harish thrivile ]

Ranch Hand
Hibernate Spring Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
There is an API for a filesystem in Java ME (see JSR 75). However, I do not know how many phones actually implement the file-system portion of the JSR, so while it's not a bad thing to check, I'd not get your hopes up.

One thought is to check the website for the manufacturer of your handset and see if they have a means to retrieve the image from Java. (They might, either through JSR-75 or some proprietary API.) Other than that, they might have something already installed in their software to help you transfer the image to another location.

Good luck!

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
If you have a device that supports JSR-75 FileConnection/FileSystem registry you may be able to get the images.

For example, on certain Nokia devices you can get the location of the photos directory from a system property.

on other devices you may need to iterate through the list of directories.

After you determine the correct directory you can get a list of the files

You can use the isDirectory() method to determine if you are working with a directory. Reading from a file is simple.

There are more examples, most of which depend on the device. Try looking the in doc for you device (usually at the manufacturer dev site).

Don't get me started about those stupid light bulbs.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic