• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Deploying Appliation on Emulator with WM5, using J9 JVM

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi,

I deveeloped a client sever application for PDA to share files with the server using wi-fi

My client side is in SWT,

A quick List of facts
- The application has been developed against J9, on Eclipse.
- I am trying to test the application on EMULATOR with J9 for WM5 Installed on it.

What I have done till now
1. The code works fine on development platform.
2. On the emulator, I was able to find J9 for WM5, but I am not sure if it is correct.According to the installation file, which came with J9, I have run the sample example which came with the J9 using emultor.exe. The example runs fine, I have tried to follow the same path using emulator.exe to run my application, but with no results

3. I tried j9.exe using link file and typing the command line in it. but the j9 gets a problem and a report is sent to microsoft

The problem I am facing right now:

I am unable to deploy the application on the emulator.

Thanks In advance
Please let me know if you need more clarification on the problem above

Regards
Paraakaram

Saloon Keeper
Android Eclipse IDE Tomcat Server Redhat Java Linux
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Well, I think your problem is that J9.exe isn't what you think it is. If I'm not mistaken, it's the actual JVM that you're supposed to install on your mobile device, and so it's probably not executable on an Intel processor and it probably wants to run under Windows Mobile, not the desktop version of Windows.

All J9 is is IBM's JVM. To test a J9 app, you should be able to simply install your JME app into the emulator in same way that you did for their example. Then, instead of running the sample app, run your own app.

When you're ready to test for real, upload and install J9.exe to the mobile device and run it - it should show up as one of the device's installed programs. Then upload your test app and run it in the J9 program on your device.

Don't get me started about those stupid light bulbs.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic