• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Inner classes ..simply an headache.

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hello ranchers.
Since I am appearing for SCJP this month, by now I should be able to understand the concept of Inner classes.But this is not the case.I seriously dont know why am I not able to understand?.I have tried referring many resources, but all in vain.

Can anyone help me in understand the concept of Inner classes, in a short and sweet manner and only what is important to know from the exam point of view..thats it..
Please help..Inner classes are simply killing me.
Sonir

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
did you read this? http://www.javaranch.com/campfire/StoryInner.jsp
its nice and easy.

sonir shah
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hey Fei,
I studied the Inner Class story,but to be frank, Though I have understood the idea, I am not that confident for the SCJP exam as far as Inner Classes are concerned.
Do you know any other link, which gives short and sweet explaination of the Inner Classes, only that much which is necessary for the exam?
Hey one more thing.What do I have to know the most in I/O, which should help me to attempt all the questions on I/O?
Please help.
Sonir

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I think you should to check the Sun's own tutorial about inner classes at http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/java/javaOO/innerclasses.html and http://java.sun.com/products/jdk/1.1/docs/guide/innerclasses/spec/innerclasses.doc.html to get your concept clearer.
Try Sun's mock exam before appearing in the exam this will help you to have an idea of exam type questions and also try JQ+ a best for persons intend to do certification. And also see what JLS say about Inner Classes and their type.
About I/O you must have to remeber constructors of most of the I/O classes (see of which classes constructors, in the sun's objectives). Exam questions mostly check about it.
I think you should to post you querry in the programmer preparation forum not here in the result forum
Good luck
Rashid Ali
[ January 14, 2002: Message edited by: Rashid Ali ]

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I am moving this to Cert Study....
- satya

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
hi,
I say,just memorize the table on page 225 KM it will help you to solve all most all questions.
-tony

Don't get me started about those stupid light bulbs.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic