• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

can you go back to previous question in SCJP

Ranch Hand
Spring Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi
can you go back to previous question in SCJP real exam and modify the answer ???

Author
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi Ravish!
You can.
"There are clickable buttons near the bottom of tze screen that are used to move to the next question or back to the previous one. ... Before the test is finished, you will be given a chance to review all of the questions or go directly to those you have marked. ..."
From B. Brogdens "Java 2 Exam Cram"
Greetings from Hamburg,
Stefan

Ranch Hand
MySQL Database Spring Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Kumar, yes you can any time....
Actually the exam question is prepared in a way that u can go for the first time to sit for and face no problem what can u & how...accept u can face 1 or 2 wrong questions when u have nothing to do accept guessing what the author of the question was intending to ask...i faced two wrong questions!

R K Singh
Ranch Hand
Spring Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi All
Thanks a lot ...
one more doubt ...

you will be given a chance to review all of the questions or go directly to those you have marked. ..."

marked means attempted or as I found in one mock that you can mark(there was a chkBox and label mark the que.) question ... I could not make out why to mark a question...
Is it same way there in real ....
what if I do not mark ... and want to re-attempt the que.
and I think there is no negative marking???
TIA

Stefan Zoerner
Author
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi Ravish!
You can mark any question via a checkbox. Later you can revisit those question easier (as described you can revisit all questions). Use this tool to mark questions you ar unsure about your answer.
Greetings from Hamburg,
Stefan

Sheriff
Mac Android IntelliJ IDE Eclipse IDE Spring Debian Java Ubuntu Linux
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
After the last question, you will be brought to the Summary Screen. This screen shows you all the question numbers. Questions that you answered but checked the "Mark" checkbox will be shown with a YELLOW highlight. Questions that you did not answer and did not mark will be shown with a RED highlight. Questions that you answered and did not mark will be shown with no highlight (normal).
In the Summary Screen, you can click on a question number to go directly to that question. And once you have been to the Summary Screen, the question will also include a "Summary Screen" button that will take you back directly to the Summary Screen.
So, this was my strategy for taking advantage of the "marking" and review features of the exam software:
1. Skip questions that have "exhibit" buttons -- don't select any answer. Since these take more time to read and answer, I would answer them after I answered all the easy/short questions. I also did this with questions that were on topics I was a little weak in (for me it was Threads). Also, keep an eye on the time. If you find yourself spending more than a minute or two on a question and think it will take you more time, skip the question and come back to it later.
2. Answer any question that doesn't have an exhibit. If I had a doubt about my answer, I would check the "Mark" checkbox.
3. When I get to the Summary screen, I go back to all the ones with RED highlight -- the ones that I didn't answer because they had long exhibits or were about topics I was weak in. Again, if I had a doubt about my answer, I would select the "Mark" checkbox. After answering the question, I would go back to the Summary Screen.
Repeat this step until there are no more questions in RED highlight.
4. After all the RED highlights are gone, I go back and review the YELLOW highlighted questions. I would change the answer or decide to go with the original. Then, I would uncheck the "Mark" checkbox and go back to the Summary Screen.
Repeat this until there are no more questions in YELLOW highlight or until the time runs out.

Hope this Helps,
[ January 20, 2002: Message edited by: Junilu Lacar ]

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
say the time is up. and there are say 4 questions marked. but also i did check the answer box for these particular questions. and say they were correct.
so do we get marks for this. or marked questions are not given any credit. again, though the question was marked the option selected was correct.
just asking to make sure what to do when the time is up. and i guess there are no marks detected for wrong answers ?

Originally posted by Junilu Lacar:
After the last question, you will be brought to the Summary Screen. This screen shows you all the question numbers. Questions that you answered but checked the "Mark" checkbox will be shown with a YELLOW highlight. Questions that you did not answer and did not mark will be shown with a RED highlight. Questions that you answered and did not mark will be shown with no highlight (normal).
In the Summary Screen, you can click on a question number to go directly to that question. And once you have been to the Summary Screen, the question will also include a "Summary Screen" button that will take you back directly to the Summary Screen.
So, this was my strategy for taking advantage of the "marking" and review features of the exam software:
1. Skip questions that have "exhibit" buttons -- don't select any answer. Since these take more time to read and answer, I would answer them after I answered all the easy/short questions. I also did this with questions that were on topics I was a little weak in (for me it was Threads). Also, keep an eye on the time. If you find yourself spending more than a minute or two on a question and think it will take you more time, skip the question and come back to it later.
2. Answer any question that doesn't have an exhibit. If I had a doubt about my answer, I would check the "Mark" checkbox.
3. When I get to the Summary screen, I go back to all the ones with RED highlight -- the ones that I didn't answer because they had long exhibits or were about topics I was weak in. Again, if I had a doubt about my answer, I would select the "Mark" checkbox. After answering the question, I would go back to the Summary Screen.
Repeat this step until there are no more questions in RED highlight.
4. After all the RED highlights are gone, I go back and review the YELLOW highlighted questions. I would change the answer or decide to go with the original. Then, I would uncheck the "Mark" checkbox and go back to the Summary Screen.
Repeat this until there are no more questions in YELLOW highlight or until the time runs out.

Hope this Helps,
[ January 20, 2002: Message edited by: Junilu Lacar ]

R K Singh
Ranch Hand
Spring Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
hi All
Thanks a lot again ..
Junilu Lacar thanks to you too.. it will help us a lot ..
Now some more doubts...
1. can we get "summary screen" without reaching to the last question?
2. as dear Mark asked .. do marked question are evaluated ??
3. is there negative marking ??
4. suppsoe in any question 3 choices are correct but 2 are checked, then will any marks will be given or that will be treated as wrong?
Thanks in advance
[ January 20, 2002: Message edited by: ravish kumar ]

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
You can only get to the summary screen by reaching the last question. You don't have to answer all the questions along the way. If you just kept clicking next, you could get to the summary screen. Why some one would do something like this is beyond me, but it is possible.

There is no penalty for wrong answers or unanswered quesions.
The Mark feature is only for the candidate's convenience. It does not affect the grading in any way. It does help you to go back and double check some questions. That's all.
When I took the exam there were 14 questions with exhibits, and the number of lines in the exhibits were between 8-14 for most of them. There was only one question with about 30 lines of code.
HTH

R K Singh
Ranch Hand
Spring Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Thanks a lot Shivaji
Now no 4. Will you get any marks for partially correct answers?
TIA

Junilu Lacar
Sheriff
Mac Android IntelliJ IDE Eclipse IDE Spring Debian Java Ubuntu Linux
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Originally posted by ravish kumar:
Now no 4. Will you get any marks for partially correct answers?

All questions are weighted equally (1 point per question). Partial points are not given for partially correct answers. If the question states there are 3 correct choices, you must select all 3 correctly, otherwise your answer will be considered as wrong.
Again, the "Mark" feature is only for review purposes: it does not affect your score in any way.

To avoid criticism do nothing, say nothing, be nothing. -Elbert Hubbard. Please critique this tiny ad:
a bit of art, as a gift, the permaculture playing cards
https://gardener-gift.com
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic