• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Moe Zilla vs Code

(instanceof Sidekick)
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
I'm running Mozilla FireFox 0.9.1. It doesn't always (or ever?) show code blocks in monofont. Same pages look perfect in IE. One time it was wrong and refresh made it right. Yikes.

Looking at page source I saw a blockquote around the code, I suppose to indent it nicely. The blockquote specifies a font. The preformatted section inside the blockquote specifies a font size but not a font. I guess the pre section is picking up the font of the blockquote?

Lemme know if you cannot duplicate. I can send screen shots or something. Thanks!!

author and iconoclast
Mac OS X Eclipse IDE Chrome
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I don't use Firefox, but I am running Mozilla 1.5 and 1.7 on various Linux machines, and the code sections render fine.

Wanderer
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I've observed this same problem from both Mozilla (1.4-1.7) and Firefox (0.6-0.9) on Windows (2000 Pro and XP Home). IE and Opera consistently use monofont when in [code] tags, but Mozilla and Firefox sometimes revert to proportional font. I investigated a bit in the past, and the problem seemed to be due to the fact that in some situations, UBB generates invalid HTML for code tags. It tries to stretch a <font> tag across multiple blocks (e.g. paragraphs). I think. Don't really remember right now; I know I was going cross-eyed trying to sort ot all out, because sometimes the HTML is OK, and sometimes it's not. In the case of invalid HTML, Opera and IE interpret it one way, and Mozilla and Firefox interpret it another. That's my guess at least.
[ August 10, 2004: Message edited by: Jim Yingst ]

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic