• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Private messages and apology to Max

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
I've just today clicked on the "My profile" link for the first time in ages, and just noticed that I have two private messages, one from May 7th 2004, and one from April 27th 2004! The fact that I've been a member of this site for almost a year now and only just noticed where to check for the messages is a bit of a sad reflection of my observation abilities, but it has made me wonder if there are other people who don't know that they have private messages waiting.

Would it be possible to have some kind of indication some where on the page to indicate that there are private messages waiting? Possibly near the bit that says "� Hello, John Doe [ log out ]".

I must also apologise to Max, who sent me the messages, because they were asking me to edit the content of a couple of my posts, and it must have seemed as if I was ignoring his request. Sorry!

Sheriff
Android IntelliJ IDE Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
there isn't any way for us to notify you when you login that you have messages -- but you can adjust this setting in your profile: "Be notified by email when someone sends you a private message?" -- that way you'll at least get notified that way.

Joe King
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Thanks, I'll do that.

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic