• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Require a small info on SCJP

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi all,
I recently passed the SCJP exam. I wanted to go now for the SCWCD exam. I wanted to know that like the SC Developer exam is there any project to be done or there is only the exam to clear.
Also I would like to know that is there any time limit in terms of months after the SCJP exam that I am eligible for the SCWCD exam.

Author & Gold Digger
IntelliJ IDE Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I recently passed the SCJP exam. I wanted to go now for the SCWCD exam. I wanted to know that like the SC Developer exam is there any project to be done or there is only the exam to clear.
It would be wiser to ask this question in the SCWCD forum since SCJP aspirants are not likely to know the answer because they have not taken the SCWCD exam yet.
The answer is no there is no project to do just a multiple choice exam.
Also I would like to know that is there any time limit in terms of months after the SCJP exam that I am eligible for the SCWCD exam.
No, you can take it anytime you want
[ February 13, 2003: Message edited by: Valentin Crettaz ]

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

No, you can take it anytime you want

what about the 2 year expiration date? can you still take SCWCD/SCJD exam 2 years later with your expired SCJP certificate?
i'm confused on what's the intention behind the decision on SCJP 2 year expiration date after 2002/08/30

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
If i�m not mistaken, the 2 year limit is the time you can use the Programmers logo on your business card and other paraphernalia. The certificate itself lasts forever and ever.
Francisco

Don't get me started about those stupid light bulbs.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic