• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Suggestion for Java Ranch

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
I have some suggestions for Java Ranch :

1] It should have facility to find all the questions of a person that he has posted since he joined .

2] It should have display the status like how many members are online now ... total number of member ... total number of active member ( active member : 1 post per month or any other critearea ) etc ...

3] It should have the facility in which any body can rank other person if he like his question or answer . It will give a special happiness to members .

although it is great & best site without this all additional facility .

all the best .

author
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Originally posted by rathi ji:

1] It should have facility to find all the questions of a person that he has posted since he joined .

With this version of the ubb software, you can use the "View profile icon" (face with question mark on a post and see the users last 50 posts. Or you can search in an individual forum with the user name to get the posts. You can also try using google with limiting the search to the saloon.

2] It should have display the status like how many members are online now ... total number of member ... total number of active member ( active member : 1 post per month or any other critearea ) etc ...

It can not be done with this version of the UBB software.

3] It should have the facility in which any body can rank other person if he like his question or answer . It will give a special happiness to members .

Ranking people is one of the worse things I found on a forum. One forum I tend to read on and not post has it. You see people yelling and screaming at the person for giving them 9 points instead of 10. They only care about rankings and not the quality of the post.

Plus that style of rating also delivers the answer and not a discussion. Most people do not benifit just from the answer.

You can also read the FAQ; http://faq.javaranch.com/view?JavaranchFaq , which also explains also answers a lot of other questions of the same nature as yours.

Eric

author
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

A simple "thank you" will make me more happy than any "10" you could give me!

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic