• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

last week review

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
I have got 5 days to go for my exam.Read Khalid Mughal twice.Ordered K&B book few weeks ago, which arrived just yesterday.I am thinking of reading each chapter from Khalid Mughal + go through the exam watches & 2-min drills in K&B + give the K&B self-test and Dan's single topic tests each day in this last week.I didn't take any mock exams uptil now except from khalid mughal in which i scored only 62 %.
Is it wise to use my remaining time as stated above.I want to increase my score, but i have got very less time as my voucher is expiring.I welcome your suggestions.

Thanks

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
You've done very well!I always have little time!...

I just wonder if the full name of K&B is [Sun certified Programmer&Developer for java 2]?authorize by Kathy Sierra Bert Bates?

Sheriff
Mac Safari Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Take as many mock exams as possible, and use these to identify your weak points. Use these as learning tools: For each question you miss, write your own code to verify the answer and reinforce the concepts. If you're missing questions due to memorization, then find a way to solidify these details.

For example, you might think of a sentence in which the words start with b, s, (c), i, l, f, d to memorize primitive conversion order. (I put 'c' in parentheses because both a short and a char can convert to int, although a short cannot convert to char. How you address that detail is up to you.) Here's an example: Bytecode says, "I logically figure decisions." -or (including char)- Bytecode says, "Can I logically figure decisions?" Use whatever works for you.

To remember important escape sequences, you might use "Big Farms Need Red Tractors" to remember /b, /f, /n, /r, /t (backspace, form feed, new line, return, and tab).

Anyway, if you learn from your mistakes, your scores on the mock exams should gradually improve over the week and prepare you for the real exam.

janki tangeda
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Thanks a lot Marc.I too feel that giving mock exams would prepare me more in these last few days than reading from books.I will try to give as many mock exams as possible.

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi,

All the best Janaki. I am also planning to take SCJP1.4 next week.

Thanks
Shyam Ramineni

janki tangeda
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Good Luck to you too!!

That is a really big piece of pie for such a tiny ad:
a bit of art, as a gift, that will fit in a stocking