• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

java 5 drag and drop questions (urgent)

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
hi
this is for every1 who gave the scjp 5.0

please ppl tell me how u all prepared for the drag and drop questions??

also please suggest any materials(books,online exams,etc) for these drag and drop hurdle

also suggest for the books for preparation , currently i am reading
1 phillip hellar 1.5
2 khalid mughal 1.4

i need all ur suggestions n comments urgently , bcos i m planning to give the exam SCJP 1.5 on 30th mar

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi,

I also am preparing to write SCJP5 exam.

K&B Book has good drag and drop questions.
WhizLabs simulator also has a good questions. You can download a free Whizlabs Exam Simulator here and get either over 15 questions with complete answers and reports or the full exam (over 72 questions) with no answers. Some drag and drop questions are there.

Marcus Green mock examsalso have good drag and drop questions very close to the real exam. You can get 60 questions where some drag and drop are included.

I've heard in this forum that sometimes a drag 'n' drop question in the real exam might have more than one solution, however, you are not expected to choose the best one from the JVM point of view. You are just supposed to choose a right one.

So, pay very close attention on drag 'n' drop questions.

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Also, leave the drag and drop questions to last. When you try to review your drag and drop questions, you will find that the questions will have been reset to the unanswered version.

Sumit Badheka
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
thanks for replying

Hey Bessa when r u planning too give the SCJP Exam??
I m planning to give this month 30th mar

tell me more , about ur prep planning n materials u r referring

your suggestions will be very helpful to me

u can also mail me on sumit.badheka@gmail.com

thanks once again for replying

Edisandro Bessa
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi Sumit,

Barry Gaunt also has highlighted a very important issue.

Some people have reported that when reviewing their answers for drag 'n' drop questions, they realized that the question had been reseted.

So, it's recommended that after go away from a drag 'n' drop question you put your answer in a piece of paper just to avoid the situation where you have to re-evaluate entire question and waste your time if it's reseted.

I am also planning to write the exam in the end of March. Maybe between 25th and 30rd.

I've been studying for SCJP since Jan 18th. I am using only K&B Study Guide for SCJP5 which is a very good book. It's enough.

I'm almost finishing to read entire book. Maybe this weekend.

After finish read the book, I will concentrate my efforts to practice as much as questions I can. I've heard that those guys who got more than 90% have writed and praticed a lot of code and questions.

If you are able to spend some money, I highly recommend you to buy WhizLabs exam simulator (it costs US$ 59.95). It has over 582 questions composed by 6 full exams with complete reports plus 150 Quiz questions. Very good stuff.

Furthermore, Whizlabs is comprissed to refund you all amount you spent if you don't pass the exam.

Also there are a few free mock exams available on the net. You can see all links to them in Java Ranch's FAQ.

I also recommend you to spend at least 15 minutes a day taking a look at posts in this forum. Here there are many guys who post tougher questions and tips. I personally have learnt a lot after join Java Ranch.

I hope it helps.

Good luck and welcome to Java Ranch !

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic