• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

jre1.5 update 6 bug ?

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hey guys,
i've got this applet which relies on a jar file. The applet requires another jar file to be downloaded and installed (imageio). This applet was working successfully so far on all jres up to jre1.5 update 5. But when trying to use it under jre1.5 update 6, it crashed, giving me an error "sun.misc.ExtensionInstallationException: user denied installation of ..."
i did some research on the net, and the best i can find was something close to this issue, which was filed as a bug to sun
So Anyone has had this before, solved this? is it really a bug?
Best,
Mohammad

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hmmm, I don't know if my problem (https://coderanch.com/t/257871/Applets/java/Any-JCalendar-package-users)

applies to your problem also, but the problem I am having is with Java 1.5.6. Now you got me wondering. I may uninstall update 6 and install a previous version.

[ UD: removed copy of original question, to make it clearer what's the Q and what's the A ]
[ December 19, 2005: Message edited by: Ulf Dittmer ]

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hey , Just try it on Update 5 , as there are lots of problem with update 6.. one of the major one is static versioning of JRE is disabled

Consider Paul's rocket mass heater.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic