• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Embedded Chat Applet in HTML

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi all,

I came across this site in search of help with a project for my java class. I have the parts but I have no idea as how to put them together. I need to embed this applet in html that also have a button on the bottom right for the user to login. The layout must have a text field, a list of users logged in on the right panel and on the bottom a textarea. I must use the dataobject give. Please help...I am trying it but not I don't know programming at all...this is way over my head. At this point I just want to get it to work so I can get some points. Thanks for your time and efforts.

[ UD: added CODE tags ]
[ April 28, 2008: Message edited by: Ulf Dittmer ]

Rancher
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Welcome to JavaRanch.

At this point I just want to get it to work so I can get some points.

I hear what you're saying, but that's really not how JavaRanch works. We don't hand out solutions to someone's homework. Instead, we're trying to guide people towards coming up with their own solutions.

That's quite a list of requirements you need to implement. Let's tackle these one by one, e.g. by getting the GUI right before handling client/server communication, before adding the list of users. So ... what does the code do now, and where does it deviate from you'd like it to do?

As an aside, I'd say that building a multi-client/server communications scheme is not the best project to get started with if you're new to programming.

By the way, please UseCodeTags when posting code of any length. Otherwise it's unnecessarily hard to read and understand.

Consider Paul's rocket mass heater.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic