• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

SCJP doubt...

Ranch Hand
VI Editor Java Ubuntu
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi All,

I am preparing for my scjp5. I had Java programming before 2 years when I did my undergraduation and after which in my postgraduation i was revolved around PHP,Perl etc.

When preparing for SCJP when I look at the K&B book or preparation material it seems everything is known to me. But in practice and mock exams, most of the time I was ended with wrong answers. When again brushing up those failed topic it seems i am already very familiar with the subject and during practice I am not cope up

I am totally confused
Can anyone tell me what to do in this..........

Regards
Guru

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi Guru!
you are just reading your book.you are not in touch with java practically.so just practice...practice and practice java codewise.

Thanks,
Raj

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
We all go through this Yes, needs practice, practice and more practice to train the brain to be sharp. If you have already coded before, then you probably leave it to the compiler to find simple mistakes in your code - try to write program code on paper that works first time when you compile and run it. That is also good very training.

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I worked for a lead once who had been an assembler coder for most of his programming years. He called that kind of coding �June Bugging�. For those not familiar with june-bugs they fly around at night banging into everything until they find their way through or end up on the ground thrashing around only to be stepped on. It is too easy to rely on the compiler and start june-bugging. I need to start reaching for pencil and paper instead of the keyboard as well.

Thanks for the reminder Barry and raj.

Richard

author and cow tipper
Hibernate Spring Tomcat Server
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
The pen and pencil is a smart tool.

I remember taking a Java exam, years ago, where you wrote your answers on paper. It totally threw me off. Writing something out with a pen and paper seems like a totally disconnected experience from typing things out on a keyboard.

For example, my pinky reaching for the top right of a keyboard to end a for loop or if statement is now a triggered response, wheras writting it out with pen and paper actually makes you think about it.

I always recommend people tackling these exams to go through the practice of writing out basic Java structures with a pen and paper, as opposed to always typing. It's a good experience.

-Cameron McKenzie

Is that a spider in your hair? Here, threaten it with this tiny ad:
a bit of art, as a gift, that will fit in a stocking
https://gardener-gift.com
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic