• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

scjp preparation

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
hello frnds,

I am working in a IT company and working on java from the last 3yrs. But i need to go for certf to get more better understanding of the language. On the job we hardly go to such details while programming, and i understand its not the correct way.

Now i want to shift my job but before doing it, i want to clear scjp and scjd. It will help me in my interview preparations and would also help me to get in a good IT company.

The problem i am facing is, i am not able to study for SCJP while on job and i am also bit reluctant to leave my current job and then prepare for certfication.

More over i don't want to waste more time in my current job and keep coding stupidly.

Will it be safe to leave my job and then prepare for scjp? Would it create any serious impact on my career?

Since i am planning to go for scjp 1.4, so will i be eligible to give scjd certification as well.

kindly help me guys!!

Java Cowboy
Android Scala IntelliJ IDE Spring Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
"gps", please check your private messages for an important message. You can see them by clicking My Profile.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic