• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

SCJP Certification

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi,

I am interested to complete SEJP1.4 in couple of month.i have started study the referred SCJP Book also . Basically i am going to complete my 10 months in Manual Testing domain in one of the MNC company .As I had a interest to be a SEJP Professional , hence i have decided to do . Could you tell me how this certification helps me out in testing domain.I will appreciate your help.

Regards
Jaya

author
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
This has nothing to do with HTML & JavaScript. Moving....

Eric

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Jaya,
It will be great if you will get some java experience.only clearing SCJP wont help much.you can go for some practical java/j2ee course and do certification then easily can switch.
if you have a practical exposure to java language it would be helpful to clear the exam.

thanks n best wishes
sadhna

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi Jaya,

If your "manual testing" role only involves running the complete application and executing test cases and/or trying to find bugs from an end user perspective, then the SCJP probably will not help you very much. You might benefit from understanding the exception messages that you'll see for some bugs, and you might have a better idea of how to look for concurrency-related issues. But honestly an SCJP certification would be overkill for such a job role, IMO.

On the other hand, if your current or future testing role also includes activities like static code analysis, profiling, or debugging, then you're much more likely to benefit from having an SCJP-level understanding of Java.

Still, you should be aware that the SCJP certification is first and foremost a developer certification. If your job scope doesn't include actual Java development, then the certification won't be as relevant. However, once you have an SCJP certificate, then you'll likely be qualified for at least junior programmer roles... so perhaps it'll open up new opportunities for you beyond testing. (But I agree that you should also get some J2EE training if you don't have formal programming-related qualifications.)
[ November 22, 2007: Message edited by: Kelvin Lim ]

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Go for it gal. Knowledge is never harmful

jaya Kumari
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Thanks everyone ! especially Deepak Jain to encourage me.I will do

I didn't say it. I'm just telling you what this tiny ad said.
a bit of art, as a gift, that will fit in a stocking
https://gardener-gift.com
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic