• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

SCJP1.5 chapter 3

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi,

I'm preparing the SCJP exam, I finished the chapter 3 ( I read it twice), but when I did the self-test at the end of the chapter I score 3 out of 14 .
I plan review the whole 8 chapters , at list 4 times before going to the exam. Is that enough as preparation ?

Regards
[ January 17, 2008: Message edited by: Mamadou Tour� ]

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi Mamadou,

I don't think it's a matter of number of revisions. You just need to understand the content of the chapters not to try to memorize it.

Try to write some simple programs to practice the new-learnt knowledge and then you will know how much you really have learnt.
Of course, the best answer about your level you'll get after doing at least a few mock exams.

Good luck.

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Also, in the 11 questions that you got wrong analyse why you missed it.If it's due to minor oversight, laziness or carelessness then with a little more attention you can still be in great shape for the exam. If it's due to complacency then just tell yourself that there are still some more miles to go...But if its because you have missed understanding core concepts then this could be a point of concern.I suggest writing down the concepts that you normally miss in a notebook(kind of high-schoolish, but works all the time). For example I usually forget to look for final variables and references.Everytime I go to my notes to write it down, I see that its already there .Its just a way of reminding yourself your weak leg just to better yourself...All the very best.

Mamadou Touré
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Thanks Guys,

I understood the chapter well. I think it's a matter of paying attention on some details. You know some chapters are too long, and by the time you arrived at the end, yo`'ve already forgot what you've learnt at the beginning.

Regards

With a little knowledge, a cast iron skillet is non-stick and lasts a lifetime.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic