• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Whizlabs API questions

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi everyone!

I need your advice - I'm on the last run up to my SCJP 1.5 exam in about 10 days now. I've been using the K&B study guide for the past couple of months, and also the Rules Roundup on here + a couple of the free exam simulators.

If I can draw on the experience of those who have taken the exam already, will I see the API methods mentioned in K&B only on the exam? Or are there more I need to learn?

I bought the Whizlabs exam simulator and I'm finding that all the API questions involve methods that I didn't think I needed to learn, for example:
listFiles in File
%S as upper case convertor in formatter
DataInputStream

Seems like every exam I do has more obscure API methods! Please help!

Many thanks

author
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hey Paul,

We have an open request for anyone to let us know if there is something on the exam that we didn't cover in the book. This book has been out for over two years now and I think we have all the kinks worked out of it. Of course, that said, someone will find something :roll: But seriously, a lot of mock exam writers take the stance that they'd rather be on the safe side. I think it's not unusual to find mock questions that are beyond the scope of the book.

hth,

Bert

Paul Brabban
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Thanks for responding Bert - not many communities where you get to talk to (one of) the folks who wrote the book! Great book by the way - looking forward to getting the SCJP exam out of the way so I can start on the Heads First Servlets and JSPs book...

I guess I'll just learn the methods that I see in these mocks and cross my fingers on the API questions!
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic